Last month we discussed the Muladhara (Root) Chakra and the aura associated with it.
What we learned:
- The root chakra’s purpose is survival, security, and stability.
- The element is Earth.
- The location is the base of the spine and the color is red.
- The body sense is Smell.
- The sound is the C Note / LAM (Lum)
We also learned about what can occur when the root chakra is balanced, unbalanced, overactive, or underactive; and how to know when the root chakra needs healing.
When the root chakra is balanced you may feel:
- Feeling secure and grounded
- Can face adversity
When the root chakra is unbalanced you may feel:
- Feeling out of control
- Unable to make decisions
- Financial issues
When the root chakra is overactive you may feel:
- Dominant behavior
- Material fixation
- Addiction to adrenaline-producing activities
- Craving of unhealthy foods
When the root chakra is underactive you may feel:
- Fear of change
- Neglecting of self
- Feelings of not belonging
- Poor discipline/boundaries
We even learned about crystals, essential oils, and foods that can be used to heal the root chakra. Additional methods of root chakra healing would be Yoga! From Tadasana to Lotus, there are a wide array of asanas that are specifically tied to grounding and rooting back down to the Earth.
The Auric Body associated with the root chakra:
- The auric body that is directly linked with the root chakra is the Etheric body.
- The adrenals are also connected to the root chakra.
- When the body is in fight-or-flight mode it can affect our hormones and cause our root chakra to become blocked.
- Fight-or-flight mode can be triggered by multiple reasons like fear of change, or not feeling secure.
- This causes our hormones to not function properly.
Affirmations of the root chakra:
- “I am a divine being of light.”
- “I am peaceful, protected, and secure.”
- “I am always safe.”
- “I am financially secure.”
- “The Universe will always provide for me.”
We also had a group meditation that focused specifically on the root charka that Founder Falli Shah curated herself that the class really enjoyed.
This journey of Understanding Your Chakras has been so pleasant and is so beneficial to learning about in the Jacksonville community.
Feel free to take notes on all of the material mentioned above if you missed out on this class.
*If you are interested in our next class, we will be covering the topic of the Swadhisthana (sacral) chakra and the aura associated with it.