Our last Understanding Your Chakras class, we learned about the Anahata (Heart) Chakra!
Take a look at some of the things we went over below:
- Purpose: Love / Joy / Inner Peace
- Location: Directly surrounding the heart region
- Color: Green or pink
- Key Issues: Passion, tenderness, inner-child issues, rejection
- Inner Aspect: Unconditional love and compassion
- Sound: F / Yam
- Element: Air
- Archangel: Raphael
- Glands: Thymus
- Virtue: Acceptance / Patience / Tolerance
- Vice: Wrath – the rejection of love
- Meaning of 12 petals: lustfulness, incompetence, fraudulence, discrimination, indecision, longing, hope, repentance, anxiety, attitude of defiance, arrogance, impartiality.
We also learned about what happens in and outside of the body when the Anahata chakra is balanced, unbalancced, underactive, and overactive.
When the heart chakra is balanced you may feel:
- Love of self and others
- Inner peace
- Strong immune system
When the heart chakra is unbalanced you may feel:
- Disorders of the heart, lungs, thymus, breasts and arms
- Premature aging
- Upper back pain
- Circulation problems
- Immune system deficiency
When the heart chakra is underactive you may feel:
- Fear of getting hurt
- Feelings of loneliness and being unloved
- Fear of relationships
When the heart chakra is overactive you may feel:
- Overly empathetic
- Overly concerned
- Poor boundaries
- Tendency to stay in abusive relationships
- Overly sacrificing
Crystals to use for the heart chakra:
- Aquamarine: helps one to realize their innermost truths and facilitates the releasing of old patterns
- Peridot: helps those that are going through emotional traumatic situations
- Jade: promotes emotional and physical healing of the heart
- Rose Quartz: dissolves emotional wounds and fears
Essential Oils for the solar plexus chakra:
- Eucalyptus: opens the chest area and allows flow of energy through the heart chakra
- Rose: highest spiritual frequency of all essential oils and allows one to feel unconditional love
- Jasmine: opens the heart chakra up to receive more love and compassion
We even learned that the solar plexus chakra is linked to the aura through the Astral Body. This is the fourth auric field from the physical body and represents where we form our astral cords with others. This aura becomes stronger through loving, intimate relationships and can become weaker during breakups or conflicts with loved ones. The state of the chakras are also very visible from this layer.
Foods for the sacral chakra:
You can even do the camel pose, child’s pose, and shavasana yoga poses to help balance the heart chakra.
Affirmations for the solar plexus chakra:
“I am supreme love.”
“Love is surrounding me.”
“I am Love.”
“I love myself unconditionally.”
“I am fulfilling my heart’s desire.”
“My heart is free from past hurts.”
“I choose joy.”
“I am fully open to receiving love.”
Feel free to take notes on all of the material mentioned above if you missed out on this class.
*If you are interested in our next class, we will be covering the topic of the Throat chakra and the aura associated with it next so stay tuned!